Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Here I Am!

I have been debating starting a blog for a while and so now, here I am.
I love to sew!
Simplicity 9478
I made my mom teach me to sew by hand when I was seven. When I was nine, I bugged my grandmother enough to teach me how to sew with her sewing machine that she gave in. The next Christmas my parents got me a second hand Kenmore sewing machine and a pattern for doll clothing (1989 Simplicity #9478). My mom helped me get started. I made a dress, a nightgown, and cape from that pattern; if I dug around enough I could probably find those pieces.

I've sewn many things over the years from curtains/shades and pillows to my clothing and the kids' clothing. Plus the usual gifts.

In just the last few years I discovered sewing/craft blogs and boy have I learned alot!!! I have also been reading a lot more sewing books, vintage to new.

I admit to collecting/hoarding patterns, especially anything that is vintage-ish.
My collection started with my grandmother's patterns from the '60s & '70s. I currently have about 200 patterns ranging in age from the '50s to current. I have used a few of them and hope to chronicle my future use of these patterns.

Well, that gives you some background into me. I hope to use this blog to motivate me to use the patterns and stash of fabric I have while connecting to other crafty types out there.

Good Night & Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!