Now, not wanting to risk messing up a chunk of fabric by trying to free hand a design, especially since it needs to be non-cutesy for D, I thought I try using a rubber stamp to stamp a design onto the shirt with the bleach. I already had some shirt pieces cut out of a black jersey sheet for another raglan style shirt, so I ironed some freezer paper to the wrong side, to keep the bleach from bleeding through.
I basically just smeared some of the bleach gel onto the stamp, pressed it onto a scrap of fabric to get the excess off then carefully stamped the shirt piece. I held the stamp on the fabric for a few seconds and carefully lifted up. Within a few seconds the design started showing up. I rinsed the bleach off after a good 5-10 minutes and let it dry.
|Used a tractor stamp, can't see all of the detail in the stamp but it is better than my free hand tractor would have turned out.|
|I used a robot set of stamps to do this. The stamp set is the clear acrylic with the parts being interchangable so I put the robot head on the sleeves for something extra. |
Well I hope this inspires someone. Have a good day and Blessed Be.
Don't miss my giveaways through Sew Mama Sew,