Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Vintage Simplicity 9090

Another post that is pre-blog sewing.



















I used a vintage 1970 Simplicity 9090 pattern from my grandmother's stash. Fabric is Moondance Galaxy Pink and Moondance Quasar Stripe. I added the ruffle to the bottom of the pants because my stripe fabric was just a tad short & I wanted to add a little ruffle to pants. B loves pockets so when I came across this pattern while cataloging everything, I put it at the top of my to-do list. Easy pattern & B loves it too!
The pants are now too short so I need to decide if I am going to add another row of ruffle to extent the use or just put them away. The top is still fitting so that is nice.
Simplicity 9090

here is a pic from vintagepatterns.wikia.com. I made view 2 - those pockets!! I made the pants in view 1. Easy elastic waistband.

So don't be afraid to use those vintage patterns, good luck!

1 comment:

  1. The pockets are a nice addition to that dress. I love vintage patterns. Cuteness never goes out of style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!