Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Vintage McCall's 7850

I am lucky enough to have my mother and grandmother's patterns. I have tried to make a point of making some of these for my B. Last year I made a 1982 pattern, McCall's 7850, which I am sure my mom purchased to make for me :)



The pictures are not good but it might give you an idea.




The one on the right was my first version but since I couldn't see the pockets I changed them out for the red pockets - much cuter!
The fabric is Picnic Parade Mingle Yellow that I had purchased for my stash at some point from Fabric.com. This is a very easy pattern with raglan sleeves. I lowered the pocket placement & only hemmed it 1/2 inch instead of the 1.5" hem stated on the pattern. The style is a short dress so leggings are perfect under this. I really should get another one of these made for B, it's easy and comfy with the elastic neckline & if I add some length, it can be a dress this year & a shirt/tunic next year, like this one :). Kid's vintage patterns are great! The styles are classic and anything vintage looks even cuter on kids, I think!

Well, I hope everyone is having a good weekend and Blessed Be, Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!