Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My New Pajamas



Now I am NOT a shorts person - can't stand them, but I have decided that they are perfect pajamas - no fabric getting twisted to tangle up my legs. I've had a pair of flannel pj shorts for years that I never wore (don't know why I kept them!) until this winter. I got tired of my flannel night shirt getting all twisted up so opted to try the shorts - they are now my favorite thing to wear.
I figured I should make myself some more shorts & since I wanted them to fit similarly I traced around my flannel shorts to make a pattern. The pattern is not perfect but it did work for a first draft pair made from a vintage sheet. The original shorts have a knit waistband encasing a wide elastic so I mimicked this using a second hand knit tank top from my MIL. I have another pair in the works made from a satin tablecloth with oriental themed embroidery.
I am going to make matching Sorbetto tops to go with my pj shorts - a plus 'cause then I have more Sorbettos to wear for the summer! Nice to have a quick project for myself :)
FYI: I just serged the edges of the legs - no hemming!
Hope you are having a good day, I'm headed downstairs to finish my satin shorts - got the elastic I needed at Dueber's while I was in town this morning. :)

Blessed Be,
Alyssa


Linked Here:
Skip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!