Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Purple Sparkle Outfit


This is the outfit that results from taking my 3 year old with me fabric shopping :)
While browsing Joann's Fabrics B saw this purple sparkle (not sequin) fabric and asked if I would "Please get it? I looooovve it!" Since it was 50% off the clearance price I figured it would be a good buy (just over $6 for the 2+a bit yards). 
I made another skirted Go-To Leggings and a self drafted long sleeve shirt with the butterfly applique. The sleeve cuffs are made from the salvages of the sparkly fabric but the neck binding and waistband are another purple ribbing- another sale item, a remnant at reduced price plus 75% off remnants! 
I didn't do any actual hems on anything! I just did a ruffled hem with my serger - sooo much easier. The leggings are the extra-long length, I want them to last a long time & since my kids tend to go up not out I figured that would do the trick.

I will have this sparkly fabric for a while though I do plan to make her a mermaid tail to add to the dress-up box - she has been asking for one for quite some time.

I got a few other good deals at the sale so I will be busy with some new projects but first this weekend I will be sewing up my pouch for the Sweet Pouch Exchange hosted by Ros of Sew Delicious. I am looking forward to trying a new pouch and finding some sweets and local postcards to send along.

Blessed Be,
Alyssa
125






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!