Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Reuse Embellish & Gift



My dear friend C's Birthday was this week and it worked out that we were able to get together for lunch on her actual Birthday. I gave her this etched jar, a 1/2 pint of homemade apple pie jelly, and wrapped it all up with an embroidered flour sack towel.

For the etched jar I used a jar that, in a former life, was a wheat germ container.
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the design out of contact paper. I got the square doily design
 at Bird's Cards - the site is absolutely amazing!!! Tons of FREE cut files!! I can't say thank you enough for the amazing resource this site is!
Any way back to the gift; I double checked the instructions for the Armour Etch (this was my first time using it), applied my stencil and was able to quickly embellish the jar before heading to town.
I had already put the knob on the top of the lid and painted it  with the Krylon Metallic Spray Paint   back in November when I did a big "batch" of jars. I was inspired by this pin. I was able to get everything but the Armour Etch at Walmart & luckily Hubby was with me to help me find the correct screws for the knobs since the screws that came with the knobs are too long.
I of course had to use my new PE700 so I used this design from Bunny Cup to embellish a flour sack towel. 

Had D take a pic - I really need to have
my hair cut, it's been over a year!
A side note: I use to keep my hair long,
very long, as in down to my knees!
I should scan in a wedding pic to show you :)
So we had a great lunch with lots of visiting and B was great too, very patient with us eating and visiting for nearly an hour and a half! Plus I got really lucky with a sale at Maurice's and found this jacket at 75% off!!!! $12.50 - I couldn't pass it up!




http://salttree.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!