Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Have Been Busy-ish

I don't have anything to really show for it but I have been working on a few things. I've been working on Casey's Variation of the BurdaStyle dress from the BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook. I finished doing the pattern alterations last night, so now I need to start a muslin. I love Casey's blog and so of course I was drawn to her dress.

Another project I need to get working on is my Pastille dress for the Colette Sew-Along at Rhinestones and Telephones. I have been looking forward to making this dress but now I have to pick a fabric - sometimes that is the hardest part for me, especially since I am limiting myself to my stash.
I guess I am looking forward to spring and summer - both of these being warm weather dresses :)

A tip if you are looking for tracing paper for your patterns. I found this tracing paper at DickBlick.com that is perfect. After all my online searching for a pattern tracing paper that is inexpensive but good quality, I decided this is what I wanted. The paper is heavy enough not to tear at every little thing (I was able to tape it down & then later remove the tape with no tearing!), pencil marks erase very easily with no "ghost," and is very easy to see through for tracing. I purchased the 50yd x 36" roll so it should last me quite a while.

Well, I hope everyone is feeling productive & not just sucked into Pinterest and all the wonderful blogs out there :)
Have a good afternoon & Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!