Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pastille Dress Alterations

Updated 6:30 2/15/2012

I am short waisted, very short waisted. My back waist length is 14.5", I've even had my measurement checked by a much more experienced seamstress/pattern designer (Cynthia Guffey). She didn't believe me that my measurement was correct until she measured it herself & had to agree that I am that short waisted.
So with the Pastille dress I needed to find the back waist length & make my usual adjustment. Upon measuring the back bodice piece, which measured 16.5", I knew I needed to take up 2", which is very common for me.

Then on top of that I need to do a small bust adjustment since I am maybe an A cup, maybe.


Front Bodice with SBA and short torso adjustments
Back Bodice with short torso adjustment









I reviewed the SBA tutorials on Rhinestones & Telephones, The Slapdash Sewist, and Hungry Zombie Couture
I did my SBA then shortened the torso.
Oh and I am loving my tracing paper mentioned here it is working perfectly for all the alterations & tracing.
Well, hope everyone is having a good afternoon.
Blessed Be, Alyssa