Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holiday Village

 The start of our Holiday Village. I purchased this shape in October with the intention of using it to make various holiday villages with the kid's help to decorate. I never got around to making any Halloween houses but made sure to get some blanks cut yesterday to decorate for a Xmas village. I altered the shape by taking off the extra little "piggy back house" and removed the house peak on the front - honestly only because I wasn't sure how much I had resized the main house & needed the house peak that was in another file.
 
I decorated mine with some holiday stamps and B started coloring her's but D didn't want to color one yet. I cut the gold house from a wallpaper sample, tripped over them and so had to use one to make a house - I'll be cutting more.  I need to pick up some battery tea lights to put inside the houses, I think we'll end up with a pretty neat village as we add to it in years to come. I think I prefer this over the gingerbread houses we usually make plus these will keep for years, if we are careful.
 
I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and have a good day.
Blessed Be, Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!