Over the weekend I got a jacket made for myself - fully lined! When I purchased the pattern I really wasn't sure I would make the jacket but then last week I noticed that the contest this month over at PatternReview.com is for a lined jacket. So I quickly dug through my fabric and decided that I would give it a go. I used a flannel fitted sheet that my mom gave me after she used the flat sheet for a quilt back; being a cropped jacket I figured it would be a fall jacket, not a Minnesota winters jacket :) so the flannel should be good. For the lining I found a pretty pillowcase in my stash.
The jacket took some time to get assembled - lots of pieces but not difficult. The pattern is sized 10P with a bust measurement of 31.5" so I measured the pattern and with the ease included in the pattern I made no alterations or adjustments at all!!! This is a first for me in nearly forever! It was so nice to not have to make a bunch of alterations.
The instructions were clear and referred to often - no need to screw up!
So now I really want to get my dress sewn up but not sure what fabric to use - it would be nice to have a matching set like on the pattern envelope :) Guess I'll dig around and see what I find.
|I top-stitched just as the instructions said to.|
This would have been a good time to use a contrasting
thread for a little extra detailing - maybe next time.
|Fully lined interior - I hand stitched the bottom of the lining|
to the jacket hem and the sleeve hem - more hand stitching
than I've ever done on a piece of my clothing :)
I am loving this vintage style, I have the dress pattern pieces traced and ready to use, I need to pick out a fabric to use - just picked up three sheet sets on clearance from Walmart so maybe one of those will work :)