Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Blank Canvas Tee Hacks

I found this pin on Pinterest & had to try it! The Blank Canvas Tee is an easy, easy woman's t-shirt pattern with kimono style sleeves - no sleeves to set-in!!! Steph of 3 Hours Past The Edge Of The World has done several of her "hacks." Her April and May hacks look really nice but I think I'll wait 'til it's not 100 outside before I think about doing anything with long sleeves :)

My blue tee is basically just the Blank Canvas Tee but my machine was giving me fits so I had to do an extra band at the bottom to hem it.

I saw this post on the Fabric.com blog about doing a braided neckline on a t-shirt. I tried to do the braid as Tara shows in her tutorial but I just couldn't get it to look quite right. I decided to do a regular four strand braid for the neckline embellishment, which I hand stitched in place after sewing it into the should seams (the braid is only applied to the front neckline). I also did a three strand braid for the shirt's bottom hem.

I have to say that I LOVE LOVE Steph's blog!! She does a wonderful job of explaining how she does what she does so that you can do it to. She has lots of information about pattern drafting and alterations. I always look forward to checking my email in the morning to see if she has a new post (she in in Australia).

Well, I hope to get down to the sewing room today, maybe I can get started on my April hack?

Blessed Be, Alyssa

Linked up at:
Tip Junkie handmade projects150x200

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I love it! This I need to try, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!